Tuesday 2 September 2014

CARAMEL ICE-CREAM









This afternoon I experienced the joy of being the ice-cream lady. The extremity of how easy and delicious this recipe is can only be found out by actually making it for yourself. I have to admit, I was a little bit suspicious about how it would turn out considering my past failures regarding ice-cream. I cannot wait to try other variations with different jams and spreads, my boys have already requested Nutella for the next batch. I used Bon Maman caramel spread for this batch and upon serving I sprinkled a small dusting of cracked sea salt.


EASY ICE-CREAM
(Serves 4, prep 10 minutes and 6 hours freezing)

600ml Thickened cream
1 can condensed milk
1 cup of a sweet or chocolatey/caramel spread of your choice
Toppings: fresh fruit, grated chocolate, coco-pops, cornflakes



1. Using a large mixing bowl, pour the cream and beat with an electric mixer for 
a couple of minutes until thickened and kind of frothy

2. Add the condensed milk and continue to beat until mixed through
(be careful not to over-beat)

3.Pour into a shallow dish, I used a square baking tin, but any shallow glass or metal dish would do

4. Dollop in spoonfuls of the chosen jam or chocolate spread and using a bamboo skewer 
swirl the dollops of jam or chocolate/caramel spread through the ice-cream mixture a couple of times

5. Cover with glad wrap and freeze over night, or at least six hours

6. When ready to serve, let sit at room temperature for a couple of minutes before 
scooping into small ramekins, mini waffle cones or espresso cups and enjoy with some toppings.


The original recipe can be found at Cook Republic, along with lots of other drool worthy photography, food stories and amazing recipes.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Images taken using Canon 5D Markiii//50mm 1.4
Please do not use my images without permission.

2 comments:

  1. oo i cant wait for the nutella recipe to come up too! your photos are beautiful! nice blog! Here's my blog which I hope you'll take a look at too :) www.happybelly.org.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Maria, your blog looks amazing and I can't wait to try out some of your recipes!!! I have my eye on your egg curry, the curried potato pie and the whole vanilla bean biscuits, yum - i drool!!!! :) I will keep you posted on the Nutella variation of ice-cream, ok.
    x Jacs

    ReplyDelete