Sunday 10 August 2014

DINNER FOR BREAKFAST




He had a ham and cheese croissant and I had left-over salad for breakfast. Last night for dinner this salad was accompanied by some free-range chicken thighs which were fried off in a pan with some coconut oil for some quick colouring and then baked in the oven for fifteen minutes to finish cooking right through. We had a squeeze of fresh locally grown lemons and sea salt to season the chicken after it came out of the oven.

The salad was adapted from Hetty McKinnon's cookbook, Community, salad recipes from Arthur Street Kitchen, and I was feeling inspired by the zataar roasted carrots with kale, freekeh and blood orange maple dressing. However there was no zataar or freekeh in my cupboards and our oranges had been eaten days ago, so i skipped the zataar and freekeh all together and replaced the blood oranges in the dressing with some little cumquats which we had in our fruit bowl. I also added some roasted canned chickpeas in place of the hazelnuts and some cauliflower which I threw ontop of the roasting carrots for the remaining ten minutes. To serve I pinched a tiny sprinkling of sesame and sunflower seeds over the carrots.

Images taken using Canon 5D Markiii//50mm 1.4
Please do not use my images without permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment